- Cirque du Soleil currently has 20 shows simultaneously presented in over 450 cities around the world. It will debut a permanent show in China in 2018
- Honorary doctorates from McGill University and the University of Ottawa
- Selection Committee, Governor General’s Innovation Awards
He was a journalist and a publicist; he headed up massive PR firms like Burston-Marsteller and NATIONAL. And he ran Québec’s largest private broadcaster, TVA. Now as President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil, Daniel Lamarre is responsible for leading the company’s global strategy (across five continents), its financial growth and stability, and maintaining the integrity of its singular culture and values. A multifaceted leadership position requires a multifaceted leader, and Daniel’s finely-tuned people skills, business acumen, creativity and intuition have been key to the entertainment giant’s growth. As he continues to spearhead Cirque du Soleil’s evolution as the leader of live entertainment, Daniel has managed to keep the unique creative process that has been at the company’s very core since its inception 33 years ago.
- How to Manage a Bunch of Clowns: Q&A with the CEO of Cirque du Soleil – Fortune
- Daniel Lamarre: "I Don't Have a Job; I Have a Lifestyle” – The Globe and Mail